Sunday, January 30, 2011

I fit in my skin...


First I would like to share what I am sippin on with you....for a nice Sunday afternoon I am having a refreshing glass(es) of pear wine (arbor mist) mixed with 50/50 tropicana mango and pinnaple juice and tonic water....chilled...yum...I am waiting for my 2 pieces of fried chicken to finish so that I can have that with my spinach, and baked beans ...I will eat...dress and then off to another music set. I say another because yesterday I went to see the Robert Glasper Experiment now renamed the RCDC Experiment (please google to learn more about the group if you are interested). Anyhow, Casey B. was on the 2 saxes and I believe something called a vocorder. I want to focus on him because number one I was his guest...I would also like to mention that Robert Glasper has some of the softest hands in the world and nice sweet energy....Anyway, I was soooooooo honored to be Casey's guest or at least one of them. Feels good to know that when you play with somebody over ten years ago...they could possibly remember you and let you come and see them perform for free...never played with Chris officially but did jam and play with him in the past...he did not remember me at all and told me he was trying to be nice...wow....so personal politics aside....

Casey B. is so passionate and spiritual with it. He seems shy or humble or both to me. His look is clearly a statement of artistic freedom and sexy all in one. Nice....fusion, pop, new wave, soul experimental, jazz, hip hop, r&b all aside...labels that real artists and gifted people hate, I would have to say that John Coltrane hovers over while Casey is in his spiritual zone...cool winds start to blow, that is how they let you know they have arrived....who are they...they are real to anybody who has literally had an out of body experience, anybody who has trusted to release creative control and let the muse direct you, control you. Casey is a jazz soul with a rockin roll spirit with a down to earth personality...forget everything in between. Casey you rock and thank you again for having me...the RCDC experiment felt just like what it reads; and experiment. Rock on Casey...what ever makes you happy just do it!

Since my last blog about rejection and acceptance...what my mother taught me has been reinforced..."Rejection is God's protection and redirection." Whenever I am unsure...something happens to reasure me, and I always come back to the reality...my reality is what I make it....sooooo I love my old friends but the reality is that I came to ATL to broaden the scope of my life experience..."Who want to come out and play with Lemonade....????!!!"

How does this all fit in....I was able to be happy in my skin as I watched others do what they do...yes I want to be on tour...but I must be patient for all that will come according the the creater other then that...I felt accepted because good people like Casey do remember...right there in my own skin...would not change being me for that moment in time. Thank you Miss Carrie for joining me....
P.S. India Arie and Michelle of Destiny's child was there too...India's very special....smile...

No comments:

Post a Comment